Bush's Fiscal Disaster

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

barefoot

Bush's Fiscal Disaster

Post by barefoot »

Using data straight from the Congressional Budget office we see that after Bush takes office federal expenditures rise even faster. Part is due to 9/11 and part is due to the unnecessary war in Iraq.

Meanwhile revenues go down dramatically, due in big part to his huge tax cut for the rich.

The "fiscal conservatives" have given us a skyrocketing deficit

And our previously dropping dept is now rising faster than ever.

Last edited by barefoot on Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

all very good points Thomas - but it doesn't mean a thing to his followers.
They'd vote for him whatever happens.

Sad - isn't it?

cheers
john
barefoot

Post by barefoot »

Yeah, but hopefully anyone sitting on the fence will see what a mess this administration has made of things - spiraling dept, all in the name of tax cuts for the rich and a war we didn't need to fight.

How are you Aussies dealing with the war situation?
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

It's pretty well over for us. We only have a few troops there now and they are involved with training Iraqis. Our air traffic controllers are still running Bagdad Airport though.

we are on the way to an election now on October 9th (John Lennon's birthday I understand - he's be 64 :):) )

The opposition - Labour (center-left) - are neck and neck with the incumbents - The Liberals (center-right) but recently an ex Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser - who was a very conservative PM in the 70s was asked why he had moved to the left - he heads Care Australia and opposed Bush's war.

"I haven't moved left he said - it's just that everyone else has moved sharply to the right!

In your country it seems it's a matter of "the right hand doesn't know what the hard right hand is doing" (Ronald Reagan)

cheers
john
giles117

Post by giles117 »

Hate to say this but the analysts predict that Mr. kerry will add an addition 1.2T to the national deficit :)

So they both suck when it comes to fiscal responsibility. :) based on their spoken future policies. :)
Bryan Giles

FOH Live, Live Remote & Studio Engineer
Producer

Just living life and having fun with all this talent YHWH Elohim has given me.
Eric Best

Post by Eric Best »

What to do, what to do.
"It don't get no better than this"
barefoot

Post by barefoot »

giles117 wrote:Hate to say this but the analysts predict that Mr. kerry will add an addition 1.2T to the national deficit :)

So they both suck when it comes to fiscal responsibility. :) based on their spoken future policies. :)
Republican "analysts"? Yeah, I would image they would say that. The graphs I've shown aren't analysts' opinions. They are from real historical data you can find on the CBO website.
http://www.cbo.gov/showdoc.cfm?index=1821&sequence=0
http://www.cbo.gov/showdoc.cfm?index=1944&sequence=0

In any case, I would imagine the dept will rise no matter what. George Bush put us into this unnecessary war and we're going to be paying the bills in terms of money and lives for quite some time to come.

Oh, and let's not forget the first generation of Iraqi terrorist that Bush has created. Our Saudi "friends" gave us falling skyscrapers. I wonder what our Iraqi enemies are now planning?
giles117

Post by giles117 »

NPR is a very Liberal source of info. they despise the conservative right :)

it was their analysts. gotta know your info source. ;)

Bush created them?

Sorry it was Clinton's in action during his 2nd term that set us up for this fall.

I guess most people now a days think everything happens instantaneously. oh well so much for common sense. :)

So during Kerry's term we will reap what bush did and during whomever's term we will reap what kerry did and so on.....
Bryan Giles

Producer

barefoot

Post by barefoot »

giles117 wrote: I guess most people now a days think everything happens instantaneously. oh well so much for common sense. :)
Problem:
The economy takes a dive and we find ourselves thrown into a war with Saudi terrorists hiding in Afghanistan.

Solution:
Cut taxes for the rich and spend hundreds of billions invading Iraq.

Yeah, I guess common sense is in short supply these days. :roll:
giles117

Post by giles117 »

I tell you people have forgotten this countries founding principles.

Based on the Bible

So I will nicely quote one Passagae that has kept this century the richest nation around.

Luke 6:38

Give. (sorry if you dont like to give but it works. See this website.. it is the result of john giving.)

"Give and it shall be given unto you."

here is the fun part.

Good measure, pressed Down Shaken together....SHALL MEN give unto your bosom.

See principles still work. Walmart is huge becasue they gave products at cheap prices. giving works. So we Gave to Iraq amd we will receive a nice big reward.

But then if you dont believe in god and his principles none of this will make SENSE to you . :)

Have a great Lunch. :)
Bryan Giles

Producer

Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

:?

I think I'll keep my nose out of this conversation.

:D :wink:
giles117

Post by giles117 »

Hey no big deal. that is why it's in the wombat hole. LOL

We All learn from one another no matter what we believe. ;)

Even Abrahma observed various customs of nations other than the Jews. So :) Let's have some fun.

I barely ever get to vent anyway. my wife and I see eye to eye on 99% of every thing.

it's funny when clients talk to her 1st and then they meet me and unbeknownced to me I end up saying exactly what she said almost word for word and the client is like amazed. LOL
Bryan Giles

Producer

bigdaddyd

Post by bigdaddyd »

Sorry, but I just had to throw this in....

Luke 4: 5-7 "So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time;  and the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it. You, therefore, if you do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.”

Kinda tells you who is in charge of things, and why everything is so screwed up.....

g
If someone chops down your family tree, plant a new one and care for it yourself.
giles117

Post by giles117 »

Love it. LOL

Sorta keeps it in perspective. LOL

My favorite Part.....

Get the behind me Satan.....It is written though shalt have no other gods before thee. :)
Bryan Giles

Producer

barefoot

Post by barefoot »

giles117 wrote:I tell you people have forgotten this countries founding principles.

Based on the Bible

So I will nicely quote one Passagae that has kept this century the richest nation around.

Luke 6:38

Give. (sorry if you dont like to give but it works. See this website.. it is the result of john giving.)

"Give and it shall be given unto you."

here is the fun part.

Good measure, pressed Down Shaken together....SHALL MEN give unto your bosom.

See principles still work. Walmart is huge becasue they gave products at cheap prices. giving works. So we Gave to Iraq amd we will receive a nice big reward.

But then if you dont believe in god and his principles none of this will make SENSE to you . :)

Have a great Lunch. :)
Wow, you really set them up like ducks in a row, don't you.

Bible based Nation
Actually most of the Founding Fathers were deists, not Christians. Look it up. And if you recall, they wrote a little line in FIRST Amendment of the Constitution stating "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." You're free to believe whatever you like, but those beliefs do not dictate the laws of this land.

Iraq
We gave Saddam Hussein the wink and the nod, and sold him the precursors to manufacture chemical weapons, which he then used on his own people and the Iranians. All the while, guys like Rumsfeld where over there shaking his hand and stroking him off. Now we're reaping our reward of Iran developing a REAL nuclear weapons program.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dy ... Found=true

And we're already reaping the rewards of this latest war - 1000+ soldiers dead with no end in sight, skyrocketing national debt, the animosity of most of the world and a reduced capacity to fight Al Qaeda, and the creation of a generation of terrorist in a country where there were previously few. Wonder how long before they start driving car bombs into targets hear at home?

Wal-Mart
Wal-Mart has raised a firestorm here in California because of a study showing that a very high percentage of their employees receive public assistance like Food Stamps, Medical, housing subsidies, etc. So, Wal-Mart gives us cheap products and we reap the rewards of helping to support all their workers who are living in poverty.
http://www.dsausa.org/lowwage/walmart/2 ... study.html

If these are good representatives of your biblical "principles", then I'll pass.

I'm glad you're so adept at Bible quotations Bryan, but maybe you would be wise to read other texts as well. You could gain a better understanding of history and current events. You might even wind up presenting some challenging arguments. Evidence and deductive reasoning are actually quite powerful tools. Then again, you're not a scientist, so I doubt you will understand.