Buying van halen tickets!

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

bigdaddyd

Buying van halen tickets!

Post by bigdaddyd »

We dont get a lot of good concerts here in spokane, normally have to go to Seattle. Van Halen tickets are on sale this morning in 1.5 hours. The wife gave me permission to nab 4, bringing my 9 year old drummer and 12 year old bass player, and of course the wife.

Ive got a tip for any ticket buyers. If you want great seats for a good concert, save at least double or triple the ticket price, and wait a day after they go on sale and youll find all the good seats on ebay. the only concert I ever go to is RUSH, whenever they tour. So coughin up the dough for good seats isnt something I can do regularly, but VAN HALEN, cough...cough....cough.... there it is. HERE WE GO!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
If someone chops down your family tree, plant a new one and care for it yourself.
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

"If you want great seats for a good concert, save at least double or triple the ticket price, and wait a day after they go on sale and youll find all the good seats on ebay."

Yeah, that's why they make you look at the funny box and type in the numbers, in an attempt at stopping the scalpers - damn thing bumped me out of the first three pairs of tickets to Santana a few months ago, finally ended up phoning instead. Went from dead center about 4 rows back, to just outside the left mains in the balcony.

I hate scalpers...

Post by Guest »

Its like everything else, there have to be people that have some way "in" to get all the good seats, either they have a buddy or the almighty dollar, and nab up good seats before the common folk can get them on the phone.

Thats why I just wait till they show up on ebay. Its become a fact of life. If I could get good seats over the phone, you know i would.

Santana must have been a good show!
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Yeah, it was great - good mix, volume just a little too much for no earplugs - we gave it about 20 minutes @ 98-100 dB(c) then went for the plugs - he's got some amazing people playing with him and isn't afraid to let 'em shine... Steve