I cannot access the site from home

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

shutupandshave

I cannot access the site from home

Post by shutupandshave »

85% of my friends have no trouble accessing this site, but a couple of us cant get on. I know one friend is in Poland, I am in the UK, and there are a few more of us scattered around. I am getting a DNS error. I cant ping the site, and traceroute times out about halfway through.

I am guessing that if we cant get to the site, there are other people that cant as well.
slackmaster2k

Post by slackmaster2k »

Hi, I haven't heard any complaints like this from anyone else.

You say that you can ping the site from home? Are you pinging it by domain name or by IP?

If you're certain that you're not simply typing the name in wrong (don't mean to be insulting, but I've seen it before, hehe), then please send an email to:

info@soundresound.com

I'll need the name and website address of your ISP, and your friend's ISP. Some ISPs have very strict filtering policies and will filter out entire blocks of IPs if they see anything negative from even one address in the block. I will be able to verify at that point whether there is something like this going on, and will then contact them to get this resolved for you.

Thanks!
Boden Larson
Sound Resound
www.soundresound.com
The Recording Project
www.recordingproject.com
RevMen

Post by RevMen »

I can't access the site from work, but I can access it from home. It's kind of frustrating, but I guess it's good because otherwise I'd be wasting a lot of time at work. :)
slackmaster2k

Post by slackmaster2k »

This should now be resolved.
Boden Larson
Sound Resound
www.soundresound.com
The Recording Project
www.recordingproject.com
RevMen

Post by RevMen »

Indeed, it is. I am now accessing the site from work. Goodbye, productivity.
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Goodbye, productivity
depends what you mean by being productive :):)

cheers
john