Masonry pics....

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Michael Jones

Masonry pics....

Post by Michael Jones »

If you haven't seen them already there's a couple of new pics here:
http://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread ... adid=92570

Brick work on the outside.
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Been checking it out Michael, your new crib is gonna look SOOOO bad-ass - I'm definitely jealous... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...
Michael Jones

Post by Michael Jones »

Thanks Steve.
They've made a lot of progress this week.
The side walls and the rear wall are complete, and they've gone up about 7' on the front now. I hope they finish by Wednesday or Thursday of this week, but there's a huricane in the gulf that just hit the Texas coast today.
No rain yet for us, looks like the feeder bands may stay south of us, no biggie really, we're pretty far inland, but I don't want the rain... not yet anyway.
I want the outside buttoned up... tight.
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Looking so cool Michael - great work - hey Austin looks like it has my kind of temperatures - what are the beaches at Houston like??

cheers
john
Michael Jones

Post by Michael Jones »

The beaches in Houston, John?
I'm not from there, but when speaking of great beaches in Texas, ne'r does Houston enter the conversation.
Houston's a port city... pretty industrial waterfront.

Port O'Conner and Port Authur if you want fishing, South Padre Island if you want... bikini's! :D
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Ah - thanks Michael - you are what 200miles from Houston?? Just looking at the map it looked like you had a long stretch of surf beaches lining the gulf :):)

cheers
john
Michael Jones

Post by Michael Jones »

Yeah, about 150 miles.
Let me get this straight: You live in Austrailia, and you're looking to the Texas coast for surfing??? :(
:D :D
Kidding. Austin has nice temps. A little humid in late summer, but it rarely snows in winter (all 3 weeks of it), and is comfortable pretty much year round.
You're in the throws of winter right now aren't you?
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Yeah, and his toilet flushes backwards too - no shit... :=)
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

No I'm like Austin Michael. Yesterday it was 71F (22C) and it got down to 50F (10C) overnight - that's our winter :):)
Drissle today but the past week has been clear blue skies.
I love the heat - came from the south of NZ where you freeze your tits offf IN Summer!!!

cheers
john