Bush's Fiscal Disaster

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

giles117

Post by giles117 »

This will be a good one.

Sorry barefoot but either my histroy is wrong or your history is wrong, but hey AntiChristian foes rewrite history like kids drink water. :)

The founding fathers were Christians (not all of them but the majority) Read their notes. :)

Not the edited version that has been floating around since the revisionists have been taking the th=ime to rewrite history. of course I would know alittle about history being rewritten considering so many Anglo-Saxons rewrote history with regards to my culture. :) Just the facts baby. Hell even Ab lincoln was a descendant of a black person. But comtemporary history won't admit that. Have to do something called a genelogical study. :)

And if you understood the principles of the Bible you'd realize that even our very legal system was set up based on biblical principles. It has over time changed due to democracy in stead of what we were originally. a republic.

there is a difference.

But yes, believe what you will. i know my system works. been working for over 7000 years but this system is failing us. even atheist are reluctantly admitting that. :)

Saddam.

yes I know all about what we did in the late 70's early 80's and yes we are paying for it. and yes there is a cost for stupidity. and yes it needs to be rectified. Every sin has a long term action. Realiz ethis that even the bible records that when people did contrary to what god said that 400 years later their offspring ended up being killed by the very descendants of the people that started the mess. Is it pretty? No, but that is the price of sin. Mess death and destruction.

Wal-mart.

I know about the wage and lifestyle issues. but who made you take a LIFETIME job at walmart???? they suffer becasue they have o vision.

the Bible says where there is no vision the people perish. if you see people perishing, sit and talk to them and you'll find out they have lost their vision. :)

Now other texts. I am a scholarly type fella. I love to study. I have read the majority of other texts. not to mention do I LOVE and ADORE history.

I have yet to assumme that you dont know the bible till you speak contrary to it's information. Then I know you either heard in passing or dont know. I can provide support data for all I believe cuz I study it daily.

And so far as being a scientist, maybe no a licensed atheistic scientist but i love the study as well. that was my original goal in life then i changed. I still study and research and educate myself. However when a scientific belief contrdicts my Personal Knowledge of God and my Persone experience with him, his love and his deity I stop listening.

The bible teache sme to Guard my Heart with all diligence.

Matter of fact there is another scripture that comes to mind.

having professed themselves to be wise, they became fools. :)

Not directed towards you but you get my point. from your scietific reasoning and deduction that inevitiably will fail you cuase science and faith sometimes gfo against each other. :)

Oh yeah one last thing.

Biblical principles work correctly when appplied correctly. If applied incorrectly you will benefit some result, but you will also reap a bunch of mess.

A true scientist would know and understand this basic law. :)

heck we do it with electricity all the time. use it wrong and you get some benefit but there will be a price to pay :)

Peace.

this is getting fun. CZuase I have no desire to convert you. when one is set you cant convert, but you can learn from their conversation what they TRULY believe. Sad but true too many people do much speaking about nothing they have experienced or have CLEAR CONCISE COMPLETE knowledge of :)

And always when I am wrong, I will always concede. :) that is a true scientist. :)
Bryan Giles

FOH Live, Live Remote & Studio Engineer
Producer

Just living life and having fun with all this talent YHWH Elohim has given me.
Beaver

scientist's perspective on religious teachings

Post by Beaver »

All right, I'll bite!!

Scientist here, but I've read the new testament and have found a fair amount of deep, profound wisdom In Jesus' teachings.

If you're going to quote Luke, try this:

6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

6:29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

6:39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

6:41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 6:42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

I'd like to shove this passage up Bush's ***!! He claims to be christian, but if you read this passage, which pretty much sums up most of Jesus' teachings, you'll see that he is following the twisted beliefs of the current organized "fundamentalist christian" church. He should read the bloody text he claims to follow!!!

By the way, if you read the teachings of Buddha, Ghandi, Mandella, and, heh, even Dale Carnegie, you'll find the same message of pacifism repeated over and over. It's when the followers become organized and begin inventing and practicing ritual that things get f***ed up.

It's easy to point at Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and say they are the cause of so many evil things. In reality, it's usually greed that is the cause of the evil. The cause of war is always one group opressing another. Unfortunately, religion usually is the barrier between the groups, or the justification used to persecute, or the appeal used to gather support.

rant over.